Tuesday, January 25, 2011

First Thoughts

I love to write. Writing is my passion,and while I've faltered on the frequency of my writing, I still do my best to keep up with it.
One of the greatest writers I have ever had the pleasure to read is Stephen King. While he is my favorite writer, he in not my favorite author. I say this because I love the way he writes; the way he manipulates his words into detailed images gives me the chills. But, alas, I cannot call him my favorite author, because I cannot read all his books. His dark, twisted, horror novels are enough to keep me awake for years. I would never be able to close my eyes for fear again. But the books of his that I have read have left me in awe. Never have I wanted to take a highlighter to a book before and light up almost an entire page to remember my favorite descriptions. While I may not be able to read everything of Stephen King's, I will enjoy what I can of his and revel in the beauty of his words.


Stephen King's Official Site

2 comments:

  1. He is a real master, isn't he? I still remember the steamy summer I read The Shining--and that was over 30 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephen King is really cool. 'Salem's Lot is one of the few books that made me nervous to turn the page. But I love his characters. They all have their own very specific quirks, and they all feel incredibly well-rounded, even background characters.

    Have you read any of his son, Joe Hill's work? Heart Shaped Box was awesome. He's also got a come series called Locke & Key out that reads just like his father.

    ReplyDelete